Green Albright Hussey Manor
We are doing our best to help the environment in trying to keep our carbon footprint and plastic consumption as low as possible.
What we are doing to help our planet.
- We consume a huge amount of energy in heating the manor and in producing an endless supply of hot water to our guests. We used to consume up to 2000 litres of oil a week. In 2013 we installed a Biomass boiler that runs on wood pellets made from waste sawdust, which now generates all our heat requirements in a more efficient way. So our heating carbon foot print is now zero and we have half the fuel deliveries as we had with oil.
- We stopped using plastic straws and many other plastic containers throughout the business operation.
- Our new electric supplier provides us with 25% of electric produced from wind farms and other natural sources.
- In October 2019 the company purchased an fully electric vehicle to run all the errands to and from our various local suppliers.
- We save all our grey water which is processed and cleaned in order to irrigate the gardens and put back into local water sources.
- All the lights throughout the Manor were converted to low energy consumption over 10 years ago.
- All our waste oil is recycled into bio fuels by a local company
There is still more to be done, but I am confident that we have made a great start and will continue to do our best in helping our planet.